FY24 SCSC Replication Letter of Intent
- An "existing local charter school" is a public school that meets the definition of “charter school” in O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2062(3) and the definition of “local charter school” in O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2062(7).
- An "existing state charter school" is a public school that meets the definition of “charter school” in O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2061(3) and the definition of “state charter school” in O.C.G.A. § 20-2-2081(5).
- Replication means the creation of a second (or subsequent) charter school that utilizes the instructional program and/or academic model of an existing charter school but operates under a separate and independent charter contract.
- Eligibility/Eligible means an opportunity to submit a replication petition to the State Charter Schools Commission (SCSC) upon meeting the criteria in the SCSC Replication Policy. Eligibility does not guarantee approval by the SCSC Board of Commissioners.
Information & Instructions:
This Letter of Intent (LOI) application is for existing Georgia charter schools planning to submit an SCSC petition for charter replication. To be eligible to submit a petition for charter replication, a petitioner must:
- be an existing state or local charter school in Georgia;
- maintain a performance track record that meets the eligibility criteria in the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia’s Replication Policy; and,
- complete and submit this LOI application on or before 11:59 p.m. (EST) on December 11, 2023.
Eligibility to submit a charter replication petition does not guarantee SCSC petition approval. The SCSC will only make replication petitions available to petitioners who meet the criteria above. Submitting an LOI application does not obligate an organization to submit a petition.
Interested persons are strongly encouraged to review the SCSC Replication Policy, SCSC Rule 691-2-.02 State Charter School Petitions, and the resources on the SCSC "Start a School" webpage prior to submitting a LOI application.
The information provided in this LOI application is not binding. Access to the petition will be provided to the point of contact identified in the LOI. Please provide complete and accurate contact information.